The Office of the Comptroller seeks to employ a part-time custodial Assistant who is responsible for regularly cleaning office spaces throughout the office. Custodial Assistants should pay attention to specifics, offer friendly customer service, and be able to quietly manage tasks without interfering with staff. Custodial Assistants can be employed for up to thirty hours per week and should be able to shift shifts, including late-night, mid-day, evenings, and weekends, according to the need. Training will be given regarding COVID-19 cleaning guidelines, using personal Protective Equipment (PPE), and using the agency’s iPhone.
Duties and Responsibilities For Part-Time Cleaning Jobs
- Cleans assigned general office space. Duties include dusting and wiping windowsills, desks, surfaces, and tops of cubicle furniture, as well as tops of file cabinets and computers.
- Wipes and disinfects high-contact surfaces like door knobs microwave handles, refrigerator handles, and light switches.
- Make sure that hand sanitizer is easily accessible for use by staff.
- Cleans and vacuums regularly across all floors assigned as well as disinfecting and cleaning the countertops and sinks in the designated pantry areas; cleans the pantry areas.
- Performs other duties or tasks as required.
- There are no formal educational or experience requirements.
- There are certain medical and physical requirements.
- Ability to utilize an iPhone for work-related purposes.
- Experience with cleaning in an the office environment
- Ability to be independent;
- Has an attitude of kindness and positivity and
- Need to be punctual and reliable.
|Occupational Category:||Cleaning Jobs|
$17.67 an hour
|New York City|