NATECH is recruiting for a System Administrator-Computer Systems Analyst I to support the Ft. Hood Mission Training Complex (MTC) program in Ft. Hood, TX.
Network Administrator Jobs Temple TX
The incumbent will:
- Train units by providing a simulator and command-instruction stimulation, which is in line with the exercise plan documents supplied by the Military Training Manager of the team.
- Learn from the exercise plan documents to optimally configure and install hardware, software, and networks on either virtual or physical systems operating Microsoft Windows (Pro and Server) and RedHat Linux operating systems.
- If exercise plans don’t provide enough information, The employee should conduct a thorough search and use their best judgment to provide the required system configuration and operation details.
- When errors in the system are discovered, employees must analyse the error message(s) or design/logs for programs and system-wide deviations in operation or other variations. to determine the best way to address any problem(s) and take to take corrective action(s).
- If employees cannot identify the corrective measure, they should consult with an analyst at a higher level or a team manager regarding the problem.
- Employees must adhere to the relevant Information Assurance (IA) protocols established by the Department of Defense (DoD) and our client.
- The employee is responsible for maintaining all relevant DoD security technical guidelines for implementation (STIGs) and software and operating system patching for all systems under their control.
- The employee must ensure that backups of essential data are performed according to the client’s specifications and capabilities.
- Must maintain their competence in systems administration, including military simulations, systems administration, and the stimulation of military tactical systems they are responsible for by their team’s lead.
- Experience with administering and configuring RedHat Enterprise Linux (versions 6 and up) server and workstation and Microsoft Windows 10 and Windows server (2012 or greater) operating systems in a network environment. The majority of work will involve RedHat Linux configuration and operation.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision in the execution of the tasks assigned.
- It is required to meet the requirements of a US citizen, with high security or secret clearance. The applicant is subject to an investigation of security by the government.
- You must be able to travel and work outside of the Fort Hood area a few times throughout the year on an interim basis.
- Should be a disciplined and focused worker who can meet the short-term suspense.
- You must be capable of assisting in shifts outside of regular working hours to assist with ongoing operations 24/7 during exercise events that could exceed 40 hours per workweek.
- The employee will often shift computer workstations and other equipment that weighs upwards of 50 pounds across the site of work.
- The applicant will also have to be positioned to place themselves in areas of the space between desks and tables to allow for the hookup of computers and peripheral equipment.
- Should be capable of acquiring the required professional certifications for DoD IAT level 1 and have completed the required US Army or DoD computer environment training within six months of hire.
- It is essential to successfully complete all the requirements for training in DoD computing environments on all systems supported within six months from the hiring date.